OK, so I am really late updating my favorite looks for the Golden Globes red carpet event, but maybe for good reason. You see this year I got a chance to be apart of the scene, using my talents to create looks for some attendees at the award show. As I strolled the halls of the gorgeous, classic and historical the Beverly Hilton Hotel, I couldn’t help but notice the timeless images of past Hollywood celebs that fueled the energy for what is now the red carpet.
Far from the “what’s hot” “what’s not” observation, here are my favorite looks where hair, fashion and person married to create a glowing red carpet look:
1. Anne Hathaway may be at the top of my list for a while, that stellar smile came shining through as her pixie brunette cut softly takes center stage on the carpet. There is truly strength in femininity when a woman rocks a short hair cut and remains brutally sexy and utterly fem. Her entire look was breathless and the nude makeup allowed her to have a glowing appeal on the red carpet.
2. Thandie Newton ~ one of my favorite women, hit the runway with a stunning soft blow-out, with buttery brown brunette mid-length hair. That hair was blown to perfection and left voluminous and unfrozen as she blew through the carpet in a sparkling mini. I am sure long after she was gone that look was like the energizer bunny, it just kept going.
3. Amanda Seyfried ~ gorgeous as ever in seamless blonde hair that shattered the ombre but adopted a more glowing effect of baby blonde locks that went from soft at the roots and grew to ah ha at the ends, that girl appeared to have been born with it as healthy as it appeared. Nothing like blonde hair that still looks like hair. And although white seemed to be the statement of gown color she definitely stood out, soft, beautiful and shining.
4. Last but not least, Heidi Klum, the fashionista her self hit the runway but this time there was something ever so glowing about her hair look, although we have seen many girls with curls swept to the side, here we see a hair look that softly captures the stunning glow of our ever so beautiful Ms. Klum. Here is where we can see the lines from blonde highlights emerging into a predominately blonde mane, and right against her skin in the middle of all this blonde we see a splash of brunette, warming up that skin and the greatest thing was not a strand looked disturbed or disheveled. What a color garment that was stitched for her head…applaud.
All the celebs were just amazing, but these girls definitely knew how to relax and let their glam shine through, for me
I had the opportunity to do some hair for this event, I kept thinking to myself, far from star struck, this is scary . I went from “hair observer” to working “stylist” for the event. The pressure was on and I began to feel the energy. Frightened at times, but true to myself and the art of hairdressing, there was no preparation or research on gown, makeup, or look book for what was about to happen. Thankfully I performed my job well and added to the flare of the event, with many hugs from clients I had the opportunity to service.
So Amazing to share in the making of Hollywood history.
- 2013 Golden Globes Hair Trend: Glam Side Waves (lorensworld.com)